Unmarried Equality is a nonprofit organization that advocates on behalf of unmarried people in the United States, including singles and gay couples unable to marry. Rainworks volunteered to build UE a new website, which included transitioning from an out-of-date version of Joomla! to WordPress.
- Migration from Joomla! 1.5 to WordPress, including all old content on the site
- Uses the Genesis Framework
- Fully responsive design
- Animated, multi-tiered navigational menu
- Several homepage elements are dynamically generated based on blog content added
- Photo gallery of supporters
- Ability to add related items to a page, to encourage users to stay on site longer
- Banner message at top of every page, alerting users of the organization’s name change from Alternatives to Marriage Project to Unmarried Equality. Users can minimize it and it maintains state across pageviews
- Integrated new design with Salsa, a nonprofit organizational and managerial tool, so that email signup page, donate page, and email templates match that of the website
- AddThis used for social sharing and “Follow” buttons, to foster social media perticipation
- RSS feed of blog
- Google site-wide custom search
- Google Webfonts
Kelly came to us through VolunteerMatch.org. Our nonprofit mission resonated with her, and she was looking for a meaningful volunteer experience. We were in the process of rebranding our 15 year-old organization, and needed a revamped website. Kelly was wonderful to work with. She understood our needs and the vision I carried in my head. She was able to work with my stream-of-consciousness style, and made sure that she was clear on what I was trying to convey. She is responsive to questions, and if she doesn’t have an immediate answer, she does the research. When it came to crunch time just before launch, she dedicated an enormous amount of time to help me meet my deadline. We now have a website that I am proud to share, and the response to its clean look and ease-of-use has been 100% positive. I couldn’t ask for a better volunteer experience. I hope to have the opportunity to work with Kelly in the future, and am delighted to recommend her to anyone who is considering website creation or a refresh.
— Cindy Butler, Executive Director, Unmarried Equality