Thelma & Louise is a social network for women, focused on travel. Thelma & Louise was co-founded by Christine Davies, former film director on the BBC Holiday program. Thelma & Louise contracted with Rainworks for a site refresh and to build upon their Drupal foundation with additional features.
- “Sticky” menu that follows you down the page, reducing the need to scroll.
- Users may post trip ideas, travel guides, and events. Users can “save” trip ideas and signup for events.
- Personalized Google maps showing the user’s saved trips and events they’ve signed up for.
- Typical social networking functionality:
- User activity wall
- Robust user profiles
- Ability to “friend” other users
- Private messaging between users
- Users can comment on and rate each other’s activity and content
- Faceted member search, built on Apache Solr
- Thelma & Louise sponsored travel deals, shown on a Google map in the sidebar.
- Content search, built on Apache Solr
- Mailchimp newsletter signup
- AddThis used for social sharing, to foster social media perticipation
- Google Webfonts